ImageUSB is a free utility that lets you write images to multiple USB flash drives simultaneously. Capable of creating bit-exact copies of USB Flash Drives (UFDs), ImageUSB is a very efficient mass cloning tool for UFDs. ImageUSB also supports writing ISO files byte-by-byte directly to a USB drive (*). ImageUSB can also be used to install OSFClone to a USB drive for use with PassMark OSForensics™.
Unlike other USB copy tools, ImageUSB can preserve all unused and free space, including Master Boot Record (MBR), during the cloning process. ImageUSB can perform a flawless bulk copy of all UFD images, including bootable UFDs.
imageUSB includes the ability to zero a USB flash drive. This will replace the contents of the entire drive with 0. Or zero out the MBR and/or GPT entries that exist on the drive. Additionally, imageUSB is capable of reformatting even hard-to-format drives and reclaiming any disk space that may have been lost before.
(*) CD ISO images use a different file system than USB drives. Therefore, direct imaging of ISO9660, Joliet, or UDF filesystems from a CD to a USB drive may not allow the USB drive to function in all operating systems. However, reformatting can restore the drive. Starting with V1.5, imageUSB now supports extracting ISO content onto a USB drive.
WARNING: Due to the forensic nature of ImageUSB image copying, please ensure that the UFD you choose has a storage size similar to the image you are copying. For example, if you copy a 2GB image to an 8GB USB flash drive, the drive will only be able to use two of the 8 GB of storage. In this case, the user will need to reformat the UFD to access the remaining storage space.
Reviewed by Leticia F. Curry
Updated onAug 18, 2023
ImageUSB for PC
Create exact images of your USB drives
How to download and Install ImageUSB on Windows PC
- Click on the Download button to start downloading ImageUSB for Windows.
- Open the .exe installation file in the Downloads folder and double click it.
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up window to install ImageUSB on Windows PC.
- Now you can open and run ImageUSB on Windows PC.
Alternatives to ImageUSB
- ASRock Polychrome RGB SyncManage RGB lighting on your PC with ASRock motherboards10.0
- Microsoft Office 2019Install Word, Excel and PowerPoint with Office 20198.0
- HP SmartHP's official app for managing your printer10.0
- WinRARReally fast and efficient file compressor8.6
- Bluetooth Driver InstallerYour Bluetooth is not working?9.0
- App InstallerInstall apps from the Microsoft Store manually10.0
- MSI CenterGet MSI-exclusive features in one platform.10.0
- BreeZip: RAR & ZIP ExtractorCompress RAR and ZIP files easily with BreeZip.10.0