One of the standout features of Project64 is its ability to run all ROMs, regardless of whether they are compressed or not. The program supports ZIP files and automatically decompresses them, providing you with maximum flexibility when it comes to enjoying your favorite games. The video and audio quality of the emulator is also excellent, ensuring that your gaming experience will be truly immersive and enjoyable.
Another great feature of Project64 is its support for joysticks. This means that you can use your favorite controller to play your favorite games, providing you with the ultimate level of control and precision. Whether you prefer using a classic N64 controller or a modern gaming pad, Project64 has you covered.
With Project64, you'll be able to enjoy almost all of the titles from the original Nintendo 64 console. However, it's worth noting that there may be some titles that are not supported by the emulator. Fortunately, you can easily check the help menu to see a list of all supported games. During our tests, we were able to play all of our ROMs without any issues, so you can be confident that Project64 will deliver a smooth and seamless gaming experience.
In summary, if you're a fan of classic Nintendo games and want to relive some of the greatest gaming moments of all time, then Project64 is an essential program to have on your PC. With its support for compressed ROMs, excellent video and audio quality, and joystick compatibility, you'll be able to enjoy your favorite games like never before. So why wait? Download Project64 today and start playing your favorite titles from the Nintendo 64 console!
Reviewed by Arnold A. Howe
Yes, Project64 is totally free. Its developers accept donations on their own official website and state that, regardless of donations, all the emulator's features will always be free of charge.
Yes, Project64 is totally secure. The 2.2 version of Project64 was heavily criticized because its code included malware, but as of 2016, the program has been completely clean. All of its latest versions show zero positives in VirusTotal.
The first version of Project64 came out in May 2001. In May 2021, its developers celebrated the emulator's 20th anniversary with the popular 3.0 version.
Project64 takes up just over 4 MB, which means that it's one of the lightest Nintendo 64 emulators available. The program also consumes very few resources, making it perfect for low-end computers.
No, Project64 doesn't require downloading any additional BIOS. Everything you need for the emulator to work and run games correctly is already included in the download.
How to download and Install Project64 on Windows PC
- Click on the Download button to start downloading Project64 for Windows.
- Open the .exe installation file in the Downloads folder and double click it.
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up window to install Project64 on Windows PC.
- Now you can open and run Project64 on Windows PC.
Alternatives to Project64
- Free FireOne of Android's most popular battle royales available for your PC8.8
- Free Fire MAXPlay Free Fire Max from your PC!9.0
- BlueStacks App PlayerRun Android apps on your PC7.6
- GTA IV: San AndreasSan Andreas is back to life in GTA IV9.0
- Summertime SagaExperience a fun and spicy adventure in Summertime Saga8.4
- PUBG MobilePlay this amazing battle royale on your PC9.2
- Geometry Dash SubZeroThe new Geometry Dash release8.6
- Stumble GuysSurvive to the end in this fun clone of Fall Guys9.4