About Power BI Desktop
Microsoft Power BI is a cloud-based data and analytical reporting tool that delivers insights for fast, informed decision-making. There are several licensing options available for Power BI, each with varying levels of functionality. This often leads us to being asked - "Which version is best for my business?". In this blog, we discuss the differences between Power BI licenses, highlight the features available at each level, break down the pricing structure, and detail the types of organizations they're best suited for.
Reviewed by Vivian D. Stephens
Updated onSep 18, 2023
Power BI Desktop for PC
Visual representations of data for detailed analysis
How to download and Install Power BI Desktop on Windows PC
- Click on the Download button to start downloading Power BI Desktop for Windows.
- Open the .exe installation file in the Downloads folder and double click it.
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up window to install Power BI Desktop on Windows PC.
- Now you can open and run Power BI Desktop on Windows PC.
Alternatives to Power BI Desktop
- IBM SPSS StatisticsStatistics software for all your business needs8.8
- NotionOrganize various workspaces all in one place9.6
- Windows CalculatorThe official Windows calculator10.0
- BizAgi Process ModelerDiagrams to optimize the processes of business life6.0
- Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File FormatsOpen, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.7.2
- BlueOneUse Bluetooth to send mobile promotions9.0
- WPS Office PremiumCreate, open, and edit Office documents.7.6