About Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player for Windows XP offers great new ways to store and enjoy all your music, video, pictures and recorded TV. Play it, view it, and sync it to a portable device for enjoying on the go or even share with devices around your home, all from one place.
Reviewed by Paula L. White
Updated onAug 20, 2023
Operating systemVersion for Windows XP. Later versions such as Vista, 7, 8 or 10 already include it as standard or must be downloaded from the Microsoft store.
Windows Media Player for PC
Windows XP version installer
12 Build 951929
How to download and Install Windows Media Player on Windows PC
- Click on the Download button to start downloading Windows Media Player for Windows.
- Open the .exe installation file in the Downloads folder and double click it.
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up window to install Windows Media Player on Windows PC.
- Now you can open and run Windows Media Player on Windows PC.
Alternatives to Windows Media Player
- CapCutCreate and edit your videos for TikTok with CapCut.9.4
- NetflixAccess Netflix on Windows9.4
- HEVC Video Extensions from Device ManufacturerPlay HEVC (H.265) encoded videos on Windows10.0
- VLC Media PlayerFree, full-featured and powerful video player8.8
- Amazon Prime VideoWatch Amazon Prime Video movies and TV series on PC Windows10.0
- IPTV Smarters ProAn app for watching IPTV links on Windows8.8
- ClipchampCreate stunning videos for YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok10.0
- Wondershare DemoCreatorTool for recording video tutorials on your comptuer10.0