One of the most notable benefits of VirtualBox is that it is completely customizable, allowing you to change the virtual hardware according to your needs. This includes the choice of processor, RAM memory, and storage space, all of which can be configured to meet the needs of specific tasks. However, it’s important to note that these demands can be resource-intensive for your computer, requiring a powerful machine to run smoothly and interactively with the host and guest operating systems.
VirtualBox supports almost every version of the latest operating systems, including Windows 10, Mac OS Yosemite, and the most recent releases of Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. One of the main advantages of virtualization is that it allows you to use programs that are exclusive to a certain platform or operating system. For example, if you need to use a specific application that is only available for Mac OS but are running a Windows operating system, you can use VirtualBox to create a virtual machine with Mac OS installed, giving you access to that specific application while still running Windows as the host operating system.
Another advantage of VirtualBox is that it allows you to carry your virtual machines with you wherever you go, and it’s easy to make safety copies of them too. This way, you can switch between different operating systems on different machines, without having to go through complicated installation processes or configure individual settings for each machine you use.
In addition, VirtualBox provides an interesting feature that lets you create instances in the guest operating system. This means that you can resume your activity exactly where you left it the last time, allowing you to pick up where you left off without having to start from the beginning.
Overall, VirtualBox is a powerful and versatile tool that enables you to run multiple operating systems on a single machine, providing a wide range of benefits including the ability to use platform-specific applications, enhanced mobility, and easy backup and restoration of virtual machines. Whether for personal or professional use, VirtualBox is an excellent choice for virtualization needs.
Reviewed by Arnold A. Howe
VirtualBox is a virtualization program that allows you to run an OS within another independently and securely. Among the OS that you can emulate, there are Windows, Linux or macOS.
VirtualBox It is an open-source program that is free for personal or educational purposes. Therefore, there is no need to pay to enjoy all the emulation and virtualization options it offers.
VirtualBox uses the type 2 hypervisor, where an OS is emulated within an existing one. This mode is more secure, but offers worse performance.
VirtualBox and VMWare are two virtualization programs that allow you to run other OS within your own. VMWare is a more complete solution and offers better performance, so it is better than VirtualBox.
How to download and Install VirtualBox on Windows PC
- Click on the Download button to start downloading VirtualBox for Windows.
- Open the .exe installation file in the Downloads folder and double click it.
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up window to install VirtualBox on Windows PC.
- Now you can open and run VirtualBox on Windows PC.
Alternatives to VirtualBox
- ASRock Polychrome RGB SyncManage RGB lighting on your PC with ASRock motherboards10.0
- Microsoft Office 2019Install Word, Excel and PowerPoint with Office 20198.0
- HP SmartHP's official app for managing your printer10.0
- WinRARReally fast and efficient file compressor8.6
- Bluetooth Driver InstallerYour Bluetooth is not working?9.0
- App InstallerInstall apps from the Microsoft Store manually10.0
- MSI CenterGet MSI-exclusive features in one platform.10.0
- BreeZip: RAR & ZIP ExtractorCompress RAR and ZIP files easily with BreeZip.10.0