One of the best things about WinRAR is its seamless integration into the right-click menu. This makes it incredibly easy to create RAR and ZIP files, as well as add passwords and comments. Regardless of the compressed file's format, WinRAR allows you to unpack over 40 different formats, including CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, RAR, Zip or 7Z. With just a double-click, you can see the contents of the file and choose whether to unpack it or run the files without having to unpack it first.
WinRAR offers a high compression ratio, which is above average when compared to other similar programs. This means that the files you compress will be smaller than compressing them using other programs, saving you valuable disk space.
Another great feature of WinRAR is its ability to protect files using Rijndael (AES-128) encryption system, digital signatures, or by protecting them against modifications. This is especially useful for files that contain sensitive or confidential information.
Overall, WinRAR is a versatile and easy-to-use app that is incredibly useful for anyone who frequently compresses or unpacks files. Its countless number of options, high compression ratio, and ease of use make it a must-have for any user. It is the best compression tool out there, and its popularity is due to its ability to compress files more efficiently and quickly than other similar programs. Download WinRAR and enjoy the convenience and power of this essential app.
Reviewed by Ryan J. Boudreaux
Available for other platforms
Yes, you can install and use WinRAR on both Windows 10 and Windows 11, as it is compatible with both operating systems. WinRAR works on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
Yes, WinRAR is a safe program, although older versions may have security flaws that have subsequently been fixed. That said, while WinRAR is safe, that's not necessarily true for the file you unzip with it.
Yes, you can continue to use WinRAR for free after the trial period, although each time you use it, a window will pop up informing you that your trial is over and direct you to purchase the full version of WinRAR from their website.
While WinRAR has many features that make it an essential program for compressing and decompressing files, WinZip offers many more features and is compatible with more formats.
How to download and Install WinRAR on Windows PC
- Click on the Download button to start downloading WinRAR for Windows.
- Open the .exe installation file in the Downloads folder and double click it.
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up window to install WinRAR on Windows PC.
- Now you can open and run WinRAR on Windows PC.
Alternatives to WinRAR
- ASRock Polychrome RGB SyncManage RGB lighting on your PC with ASRock motherboards10.0
- HP SmartHP's official app for managing your printer10.0
- Microsoft Office 2019Install Word, Excel and PowerPoint with Office 20198.0
- App InstallerInstall apps from the Microsoft Store manually10.0
- Bluetooth Driver InstallerYour Bluetooth is not working?9.0
- MSI CenterGet MSI-exclusive features in one platform.10.0
- BreeZip: RAR & ZIP ExtractorCompress RAR and ZIP files easily with BreeZip.10.0
- MyASUSManage all your ASUS devices10.0