Reviewed by Lizzie M. Walsh
Using WeChat on Windows is very simple. First, download and install the program's official client. Secondly, log into your user account using the QR code that appears on the screen. After that, wait a few seconds for all your information to sync.
Yes, the official WeChat client for Windows is safe and doesn't show a single positive in VirusTotal. It's a very simple installer, which doesn't include any other programs and doesn't cause conflicts with any Windows programs, either.
WeChat on Windows takes up 380 MB after installation. This size, of course, increases as you use the app, since it saves your images, cache, and conversations.
WeChat is used worldwide. This app is based in China, but its use is widespread in all countries of the world, with more than 1.2 billion monthly active users.
How to download and Install WeChat on Windows PC
- Click on the Download button to start downloading WeChat for Windows.
- Open the .exe installation file in the Downloads folder and double click it.
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up window to install WeChat on Windows PC.
- Now you can open and run WeChat on Windows PC.
Alternatives to WeChat
- WhatsApp DesktopUse Whatsapp for PC from your Desktop8.2
- Google ChromeFast, easy and clean internet surfing experience with Google Chrome8.8
- Official Facebook app for PC.9.4
- TikTokEnjoy creating and sharing videos on TikTok for PC8.4
- Official Instagram App for Windows9.2
- Intel UnisonConnect your PC to your smartphone with Intel Unison.9.4
- Telegram for DesktopChat with all your Telegram contacts from your desktop8.4
- WhatsApp Desktop BetaDownload the latest WhatsApp Beta on your PC7.0